Thursday, September 07, 2006

Old is gold.

Last week I met an old friend of mine after twelve long years. We were colleagues in 1973 in a school in Chennai.We met in 1993 and after that,I was busy with my job and family affairs as she was with hers.When we met last week, she is eighty years old.Yet,she is healthy and smart and happy in the Lord.She is living alone and helping neighbours and friends who visit her.When I was young she helped me a lot and guided me in many things like a mother. Even now she told me many things. I learnt many things from her rich experience.But one thing affected me much. Her own children neglect her words and ask her not to interfere in their ways.This is the case with many families now. There were joint families in India.Parents and grandparents lived with their children.They helped in disciplining the grandchildren.Nowadays we cant see such families.The result is problematic children.So let us realise that old is gold.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home